To preserve the beauty and prolong its life, your fireplace needs regular cleaning.
Due to the natural properties of Marble, Limestone and Timber, they require special care and attention.
These materials can stain easily and are sensitive to acids such as citrus juice, vinegar and household cleaning chemicals.
- Marble / Limestone – Follow a periodic cleaning routine with a mild, neutral cleaner
and always rinse using clean warm water
- Timber – Wipe clean using a soft dry lint free cloth
- Avoid using chemical cleaners as these may damage or dull the surface
- Avoid using wax or spray polishes
- Avoid placing hot objects, drinks etc. directly onto the fireplace
Please note: Elgin & Hall Limestone surrounds are supplied untreated – they are not sealed. An appropriate sealer can be applied to a Limestone surround if required, please seek advice from your fireplace retailer. If you choose to seal your Limestone surround we would recommend that it is allowed to dry out after installation so any minor marks can be removed.